The nervous, endocrine, and immune systems function as a complex and interconnected unit, modulated by sensory inputs, emotions, and thoughts. This course offers an osteopathic perspective on the endocrine system, which serves as a long-term functional regulation system for overall health.
Through an in-depth discussion of neurogenic and endocrine regulation of stress, and their relationship with emotions and cognitive-behavioural skills, participants will gain an understanding of the functional anatomy of the central (thalamus, hypothalamus, pituitary, and pineal gland) and peripheral endocrine systems (thyroid, thymus, adrenal, gastro-entero-pancreatic, and gonads glands).
The course will also provide practical instruction on the assessment and osteopathic treatment of the endocrine system at various levels, with a particular focus on fluidic and liquid/vascular treatment at an organic level. By the end of the course, participants will have gained the skills and knowledge necessary to promote health and healing through the interplay of osteopathic medicine and the neuroendocrine system.
In this course, we will delve into the complex interplay between the neuroendocrine system and osteopathic medicine. The contents of the course include:
- Stress, anxiety, fear, and memories: neurogenic and neuroendocrine regulation, the stress axis (HPA)
- Thalamus, hypothalamus, pituitary, and pineal gland: fundamentals of functional anatomy
- The global evaluation of the Liquid Body
- Evaluation and balancing of intracranial membranes
- Insula and the anterior cingulate cortex (ACC): elements of functional anatomy and osteopathic treatment
- Blood-brain barrier (BBB), glymphatic system, and meningeal lymphatic system: the future of “osteopathy the cranial field” and differentiation between fluidic and liquid treatment in the osteopathic field
- Evaluation and osteopathic treatment of the anterior sphere of the skull, the hypothalamic-pituitary lodge, and the pituitary artery
- Evaluation and treatment of the third ventricle
- Thyroid and parathyroid gland: fundamentals of functional anatomy and evaluation and treatment of motility and vasomotion in the thyroid lodge
- Thymus: fundamentals of functional anatomy and evaluation and treatment of motility and vasomotion in the thymus lodge
- The adrenal cortical-medullary system: fundamentals of functional anatomy and evaluation, fluidic, and liquidian treatment of the adrenal lodge
- Abdominal pulse evaluation and cardiovascular inhibition test
- The gastro-enteric-pancreatic (GEP) endocrine system: fluidic and liquid treatment of the gastro-oesophageal lodge, the hepato-vesicular lodge, the duodenal-pancreatic and splenic lodge, and the small and large intestine
- Gonads and endocrine system: fundamentals of functional anatomy and evaluation and treatment of the gonadic lodge, both male and female, with fluidic and liquidian treatment.
By the end of this course, you will have a comprehensive understanding of the interplay between the neuroendocrine system and osteopathic medicine, as well as the skills necessary to assess and treat patients with a variety of neuroendocrine-related conditions.
- Explain the relationship between the neuroendocrine system, sensory inputs, emotions, and cognitive-behavioural skills, and how they affect overall health.
- Analyse the functional anatomy of the central and peripheral endocrine systems, including the thalamus, hypothalamus, pituitary, pineal gland, thyroid, thymus, adrenal, gastro-entero-pancreatic, and gonads glands.
- Demonstrate proficiency in assessing and treating the endocrine system using fluidic and liquid/vascular techniques at an organic level, including evaluation, and balancing of intracranial membranes, evaluation, and treatment of the third ventricle, and evaluation and treatment of motility and vasomotion in the thyroid, thymus, and adrenal glands.
- Differentiate between fluidic and liquid treatment in the osteopathic field and explain the future of “osteopathy the cranial field,” including the Blood-brain barrier (BBB), glymphatic system, and meningeal lymphatic system.
- Apply the principles learned in this course to promote health and healing through the interplay of osteopathic medicine and the neuroendocrine system in the assessment and treatment of patients with neuroendocrine-related conditions.
Roberto Pagliaro is a highly skilled osteopath and expert in the fields of physiotherapy, neuroscience, and psychoneuroendocrinoimmunology. With over 30 years of clinical experience, Roberto is an expert in his field, having trained with leading experts in France, the UK, and the US.
Roberto’s approach to osteopathy is unique, combining the latest insights from neuroscience and psychoneuroendocrinoimmunology to create a holistic approach to healing. He has developed his own techniques, which he teaches at postgraduate courses and universities across Europe and is a sought-after conference speaker and lecturer.
Apart from a DO in osteopathy, Roberto’s qualifications include a Doctorate in Physiotherapy, a master’s degree in meditation and neuroscience, and certification in multiple brain integration techniques and coaching. He is also a member of the Register of Osteopaths of Italy (ROI), the HeartMath Institute, and the Italian Society of Psychoneuroendocrinoimmunology.
As the CEO and scientific director of the Osteopathic College of Trieste from 2011-2022, Roberto is committed to advancing the field of osteopathy and helping patients achieve optimal health and wellness. Don’t miss your chance to learn from one of the leading experts in the field – enrol in one of Roberto’s courses today!