Looking to deepen your understanding of the relationship between the cardiopulmonary system, metabolic function, and emotions? This comprehensive course in osteopathic medicine will explore the interplay between these factors and provide practical tools for assessing and treating dysfunctions in the cardiovascular and pleuropulmonary systems.
As two of the most affected systems by a variety of stressors, it is crucial for healthcare professionals to understand how the body responds and adapts to maintain homeostasis and homeorhesis. Through a combination of theoretical and hands-on learning, participants will gain a thorough understanding of the functional problems associated with the cardiovascular, cardiopulmonary, and pneumophonic systems and how osteopathic medicine can contribute to improving organ functions and overall patient well-being.
Throughout the course, you will learn to assess and treat dysfunctions in the primary, somatic, visceral, cranio-sacral, and autonomic nervous systems, allowing you to tailor your approach to each individual patient. By the end of the course, you will have a comprehensive understanding of the interplay between metabolic function, emotions, and the cardiopulmonary system, and the tools necessary to provide effective osteopathic treatment for your patients.
- The connective skeleton of the heart and the hemoskeleton: fundamentals of functional anatomy.
- The intracardiac and pericardial vascular and perivascular connective system.
- The concept of Helical Heart and the models of Robinson, Factor and Sonnenblick, with interest in the osteopathic field.
- Neurocardiology and communication systems of the heart.
- Evaluation and treatment of the pericardium, including the suspensory and stabilizing ligaments of the heart.
- Assessment and treatment of cardiac mobility and motility.
- The epicardial vascular system: anatomical and physiological references.
- Cardio-aortic and cardio-carotid flow tests.
- Peripheral-vascular inhibition test.
- Evaluation of the autonomic nervous system.
- Treatment of the epiaortic vascular system.
- The heart, immunity, and emotions.
- Rationale for a local and systemic osteopathic approach.
- The pleuro-pulmonary system: references to anatomy and osteopathic physiology.
- Anatomical and functional relationships with the laryngeal system.
- Osteopathic evaluation and differential analysis, including assessment of the parietal and visceral system of the thoracic region.
- Haemodynamic and cardio-pulmonary inhibition tests.
- Evaluation and treatment of the pleura, including suspensory and stabilizing ligaments of the pulmonary base, apices, rib, and mediastinal pleura.
- Treatment of lung parenchyma and vascular pedicles.
- Rationale for a visceral and vascular cardio-pulmonary treatment.
- Understand the fundamentals of functional anatomy and the connective skeleton of the heart and hemoskeleton, including the intracardiac and pericardial vascular and perivascular connective system.
- Learn about the interplay between metabolic function, emotions, and the cardiopulmonary system, including neurocardiology and communication systems of the heart, and the role of osteopathic medicine in contributing to improving organ functions and overall patient well-being.
- Develop the ability to assess and treat dysfunctions in the cardiovascular, cardiopulmonary, and pneumophonic systems, including the pericardium, cardiac mobility, and motility, and the epicardial vascular system.
- Gain practical tools for evaluating the autonomic nervous system, as well as for treating the epiaortic vascular system and lung parenchyma and vascular pedicles.
- Understand the rationale for a local and systemic osteopathic approach, including the pleuro-pulmonary system’s anatomical and functional relationships with the laryngeal system and the assessment of the parietal and visceral system of the thoracic region.
Roberto Pagliaro is a highly skilled osteopath and expert in the fields of physiotherapy, neuroscience, and psychoneuroendocrinoimmunology. With over 30 years of clinical experience, Roberto is an expert in his field, having trained with leading experts in France, the UK, and the US.
Roberto’s approach to osteopathy is unique, combining the latest insights from neuroscience and psychoneuroendocrinoimmunology to create a holistic approach to healing. He has developed his own techniques, which he teaches at postgraduate courses and universities across Europe and is a sought-after conference speaker and lecturer.
Apart from a DO in osteopathy, Roberto’s qualifications include a Doctorate in Physiotherapy, a master’s degree in meditation and neuroscience, and certification in multiple brain integration techniques and coaching. He is also a member of the Register of Osteopaths of Italy (ROI), the HeartMath Institute, and the Italian Society of Psychoneuroendocrinoimmunology.
As the CEO and scientific director of the Osteopathic College of Trieste from 2011-2022, Roberto is committed to advancing the field of osteopathy and helping patients achieve optimal health and wellness. Don’t miss your chance to learn from one of the leading experts in the field – enrol in one of Roberto’s courses today!